At a glance, Chameleon software:
- Makes sites compatible with smartphones, tablets, PCs and TVs
- Works with a new site or converts an existing one
- Enables site visitors to automatically receive the best view for their device
- Automatically reflects changes to the site across all devices
- A future-proofed solution as new devices can be added as they become popular
- Option for a built-in ‘accessibility’ view, for extra easy viewing (user-selectable)
- Option for online previewers to assist developers and editors check different device layout from a computer (see below)
As you’re already using a handheld device, you’ll need to visit this page from a computer to view an example previewer.
An example Android previewer showing this site:
- Allows checking and testing on well over £1,500 worth of devices without needing to have them directly available
- Fast to load – operate at the speed of your computer offsetting instances of slow device browser loading times
- Already connected – if you’re working on a site, you’ll probably already be online, no need to connect multiple devices
- Instant feedback on page fit – anything too wide for the mobile page causes the horizontal scroll bar to appear
NOTE: Previewers are intended as a guide. To be 100% sure of display on a given device you should test directly. We have a number of test devices and can work with you on testing – contact us for details.
* Note: iPad previewers may need special configuration due to their unique outlook on life